Full stack EngineerApply for Job
Tonsser is a Danish growth company, and we are (among other roles) looking for a mid / senior full stack engineer.
You will work closely with the product team, which means your opinion will be heard. While developing, we will ensure you have plenty of autonomy to carry out your task, while sparring with the rest of the team.
The team is made up of people from around the world, who are smart, eager to learn, adaptive and autonomous, and we all strive towards better craftsmanship in our work. We build what we need, not what we planned. Meaning, we have a strategy and goals, but not features set in stone. This leads to a mindset where we aim at solving specific issues, not hit the deadlines.
So if you enjoy shipping something you have brainstormed, architected, built and tested, while always striving to find simple solutions to hard problems. Then you will fit right in!
What is Tonsser?
Tonsser is a leader within youth football. We created a platform where youth football players can share, engage, get motivated, learn, grow as a player and even get signed by clubs. Even now, with youth football just only having been fully active for a short while again, we have already had several hundreds of players at our tryouts and other events, playing in the highly sought after Tonsser jerseys.
And we are eager to do more! We would like to ensure that our Talent ID and Talent growth is even stronger, covering more players, and giving thousands of players each year in every country the opportunity to prove themselves and grow as a player. This is where you can help. Build, imagine, challenge, learn and grow together with us. We promise, it's extremely fulfilling to help create opportunities for kids around the world!
Full Stack Engineer at Tonsser
The job involves working on all aspects of our platform. API for our Android and IOS app, our website with player cards, and loads of internal tools for tweaking how we find the right talent, send out our video scouts to the right matches etc.
In addition to our Copenhagen office (DK, HQ), we also have an office in Paris (FR) and we have people working from Berlin (DE), Silves (PT), Odessa (UA) and Malmø (SE - Yes, exotic!)
Requirements for the ideal candidate
- You have minimum 3 years of experience working as a Fullstack Engineer
- You've built and architected well crafted and scalable APIs using Ruby on Rails or a similar web framework.
- Comfortable with REST, JSON and at least a curiosity into GraphQL
- Experience working with relational databases like PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Have knowledge or at least interest in latest Rails frontend stack (Webpacker, Hotwire)
- Detail-oriented, focusing on writing high quality maintainable code
- Writing unit and integration tests to ensure that your code is rock solid is a natural part of your workflow
- Is a team player who strives to improve not only themselves, but everyone around them
- Values developer productivity by automating as many things possible in your daily workflow
- Be fluent in english
Benefits (we know you want them)
- Be part of a company with Multinational DNA, where the official language is English but we speak: Danish, Lithuanian, French, Spanish, Dutch, Serbo-Croatian, German, Slovak, Portuguese, Bulgarian and Italian! 🌍
- Trip to Paris to watch Tonsser United play, and catch up with teammates ✈️
- Sweet swag! Tonsser United gear
- Nice offices in Copenhagen and Paris
- Healthy lunch for the office-goers
- 100% Work from home flexibility / Remote Friendly 🏡
- Access to football match tickets
- Free choice of mobile phone, laptop, monitor and other setup that you need 📱💻
- Donkey Republic membership, so you can explore Copenhagen / Berlin like a true native 🚲
Team of 15 hungry and kind girls and guys. Offices in Paris, London, Germany and HQ in Copenhagen
Backed by international investors and founders of companies like Spotify, Booking.com, Peakon, Vivino ...
Working at Tonsser means you're working on something very exciting: Shaping the future of football. Through technology we've seen a way to impact how new talents get discovered; we're changing the game of football by placing the power where it belongs: in the hands of the 265 million performers of the sport. For the football players to be in control, they need their own football identity. That's why we've built an app empowering football players to showcase their achievements and determine their success.
Curious to know more about us?
- Tonsser on LinkedIn
- Uncovering hidden football talent through social scouting app
- How a football app used data to challenge the best academies in Europe (Tonsser Medium blog)
- Huddersfield Town: Could e-scouting help Premier League side? (BBC)
- Tonsser, the social app for youth soccer players, collaborates with Nike and raises new funding (TechCrunch)
- Don't just take our word for it, check out our Glassdoor reviews
- Tonsser represents Denmark in the Nordic showcase as 'The next generation of superstars'
- Meet 'the national team of the underdog' (BBC)